I love spaghetti squash, it’s quickly becoming one of my favorite things to incorporate in recipes.
We had this a few weeks back and it was a huge healthy hit especially when you need that mexican food fix.
- 1 good size Spaghetti Squash cooked
- 1 lb 99% lean Ground Turkey
- 2 tbsp of Mrs. Dash Southwest Seasoning
- 2 tbsp of McCormick Salt Free Mexican Seasoning
- 1 tbsp of Kosher salt
- 1 Small yellow onion-chopped
- 1 can of drained black beans
- 1.5 cups of corn (I used frozen)
- 1 package of fresh pico de gallo (you could also use rotel if that's what you have)
- 2 cups of 2% shredded mexican cheese
- In a skillet cook your turkey (spray down with pam first because it will get a little sticky because the turkey is so lean). Once cooked stir in seasonings, onions, pico de gallo and corn and cook for 5-10 minutes. Stir in black beans, spaghetti squash and 1 cup of cheese. Empty the skillet into a greased baking pan then sprinkle 1 cup of cheese on top. Bake on 350 for about 20-25 minutes. I recommend serving with greek yogurt/ sour cream, salsa and tortilla chips if you'd like.
- Servings Size: about 1.5 cups
- Calories: 242
- Fat: 8g
- Carb: 21g
- Protein: 25g
- Fiber: 6g
Until Next time